Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Summertime is perfect for cooking with friends and family. If you’re looking for an easy way to grill your favorite foods, a small gas grill might be the right option for you. These grills are easy to set up and use, and they’re perfect for cooking hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, or any other type of food. Plus, small gas grills are affordable and easy to store when not in use. If you’re looking for a great way to cook outdoors this summer, a small gas grill is the perfect choice.
Are you looking for a small gas grill that will fit your patio or balcony perfectly? Something that is easy to carry around and won’t take up too much space? You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we will be discussing the best small gas grills on the market. We will go over their features, pros and cons, and give you our top pick. So, whether you’re looking for a new grill for your next cookout or want to upgrade your current one, read on for the best small gas grills!
What is Small Gas Grill?
A small gas grill is a great option if you want to cook on the go or if you have a small patio. These grills are typically portable and easy to set up, making them perfect for camping trips, tailgating, or cooking in your backyard.
Small gas grills come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. Some grills are designed for basic grilling tasks, while others have additional features like rotisserie burners or side burners.
Before you buy a small gas grill, be sure to consider the size of your patio or campsite, the type of food you want to cook, and your budget. With so many options available, you’re sure to find the perfect small gas grill for your needs.
Benefits Of Using Small Gas Grill
Gas grills have become a popular choice for backyard cooking, and there are many different types to choose from. If you’re looking for a smaller grill that is easy to use and doesn’t take up a lot of space, a small gas grill may be the perfect option for you.
Small gas grills are typically compact in size, making them easy to store when not in use. They also heat up quickly, so you can start cooking sooner. Small gas grills are ideal for cooking smaller items, such as burgers or chicken breasts. They also work well for cooking on the go – just pack it up in your car and take it with you to your favorite picnic spot.
In addition to their size and portability, small gas grills offer several other benefits. They are typically less expensive than larger grills, and they use less fuel, so you can save money on your outdoor cooking expenses. Small gas grills also tend to produce less smoke than other types of grills, making them a better choice for those who want to avoid the smoky taste in their food.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use and affordable grill that doesn’t take up a lot of space, a small gas grill may be perfect for you. Benefits of using small gas grills include quick heat up time, compact size, lower price tag, and less smoke production. So, if you’re looking for a great way to cook outdoors, a small gas grill is definitely worth considering.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Small Gas Grill
When it comes to small gas grills, there are a few things you need to consider before making your purchase. Size and portability are two of the most important factors, but you’ll also want to think about the features that are most important to you.
Design and Build
When choosing the best small gas grill, you’ll want to consider the design and build. How portable does it need to be? Is it going to be used for tabletop grilling or will it be moved frequently? How durable does it need to be? Some small gas grills are designed with portability in mind and are very lightweight, while others are more durable and meant to stay in one place.
When looking at small gas grills, you’ll want to make sure to look at the cooking surface size. Some of the smaller grills may have a cooking surface as small as 100 square inches. If you plan on cooking larger items, such as a whole chicken, you’ll need to find a grill with a larger cooking surface. Conversely, if you are only planning on using your grill for side dishes or appetizers, then a smaller grill may work just fine.
One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a small gas grill is its portability. If you plan on using your grill primarily for camping or tailgating, you’ll want one that is lightweight and easy to transport. Conversely, if you plan to use your grill mostly at home, you may want one that is a bit larger and more durable.
Features and Functionality
When choosing the best small gas grill, it is important to consider the features and functionality that you need. If you are looking for a basic grill that can be used for occasional cooking, then a simple model with a single burner will suffice. However, if you plan on using your grill more regularly, you may want to look for one with additional features such as side burners or a rotisserie kit.
Number of Burners
Another feature to consider is the number of burners on the grill. If you plan on doing any direct grilling, you’ll want a grill with at least two burners. This will allow you to cook multiple items at once. If you are only using your grill for indirect cooking, then a single burner will work just fine.
Type of Ignition
Finally, you’ll want to consider the type of ignition on the grill. Some grills have a manual ignition that requires you to light a match or use a lighter to start the fire. Other grills have an electronic ignition that uses a battery or electric current to start the fire. Consider which type of ignition is best for you and make your selection accordingly.
Finally, when choosing the best small gas grill, you’ll want to consider price. How much can you afford to spend? Keep in mind that you get what you pay for and that higher-priced grills often have more features. Choose the grill that fits your needs and your budget.
Once you’ve considered these factors, it’s time to start shopping for the best small gas grill for your needs. There are many different options available, so take your time and find the one that’s perfect for you.
10 Best Small Gas Grill Reviews
If you are looking for a small gas grill for your townhome, condo, or apartment, or if you don’t want to fire up a full-sized grill for a small meal, we’ve listened to your requests and found some great options.
These grills provide ample space for grilling delicious food without the footprint of a standard grill. This list of nine grills strikes a good balance between size, power, and convenience.
1. Best Overall: Weber Spirit II E-210 Gas Grill
Weber grills are renowned for their superior construction, and the Spirit II is no different. It has a much heavier gauge of steel and tighter construction than less expensive gas grills. Its burners can quickly achieve the desired Maillard reaction, so you will have no trouble reaching the brown crust that makes steaks and burgers so delicious when cooked on a grill.
The Spirit II is the most compact of Weber’s gas grills, measuring only four feet wide with the side tables fully extended. And despite its diminutive size, the grill has more than 350 square inches of cooking space, sufficient for cooking a dozen burger patties or six New York strip steaks. The Spirit II includes additional features that simplify cooking, such as an infinity ignition and an intelligent thermometer system that allows you to monitor meat temperatures with your smartphone (if you purchase a compatible meat thermometer).
- Durable, easy-to-clean porcelain-enamel cast iron grates.
- Porcelain-enameled finish helps prevent rusting and pealing.
- Six tool hooks for easy accessibility of grilling tools.
- Low maintenance and easy-to-clean grease management system.
- 360 square inches of main grilling space.
- Durable heavy-gauge steel construction
- Smart thermometer capable
- Reputable Weber name
- Only two burners
- Visible propane tank
2. Runner-Up: Masterbuilt SH19030819 Propane Tabletop Grill
The Smoke Hollow propane tabletop grill is the runner-up for the best small gas grill. This compact grill is ideal for all outdoor uses. The portable grill is great at home or on the go, whether you’re grilling on your patio or want to take it camping.
This grill is made from durable stainless steel and looks great on your patio, but it is also tough enough for camping and tailgating. It has a lockable lid and collapsible legs, so it can fit in your trunk and won’t take up a lot of storage space.
The Smoke Hollow grill is equipped with 10,000 BTUs of cooking power, allowing you to cook burgers and chicken quickly. Additionally, ample cooking space will enable you to easily prepare meals for your friends and family.
- 288 sq. inches of total cooking surface
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel “U” shaped burner for maximum heat distribution
- Folding legs and locking lid make moving grill easy
- Chrome-coated warming rack_Stainless steel construction and cooking grates
- Push-button ignition lights burner quickly and easily
- Lightweight, compact and portable
- Spacious cooking area with a warming tray
- Very durable construction
- Value price point
- Controlling temperatures is difficult at first
- Can get hot when lid is closed
3. Best Value: Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
With its stainless-steel construction and high heat output, the Performance is the best low-cost gas grill we’ve reviewed. Usually, you get what you pay for when it comes to grills, but Char-Broil has made a name for itself by manufacturing high-quality gas grills at an affordable price through its Performance line.
This 2-burner model is the most compact line, measuring less than 32 inches wide when the side tables are folded. This narrow profile and casters that allow you to roll it into a corner when not in use make it an excellent choice for patio or decks with limited space.
With its stainless-steel construction and cabinet-style base that conceals the propane tank, it will not detract from the appearance of your outdoor living space. Appearance and size would be irrelevant if the grill did not perform. The 288-square-inch cooking surface of the Performance is adequately heated by its two 24,000-BTU burners, living up to its moniker.
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control. Cooking System: Convectional
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Metal side shelves fold down when not in use.
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock in mobility and stability.
- Assembled Dimensions: 24.5″ D x 42.9″ W x 44″ H | Weight: 82.5 lbs
- Assembly Required
- Affordably priced
- Narrow profile suits tight spaces
- High heat output
- Not as durably built as pricier grills
- Smaller cooking surface than other gas grills
- Limited storage space
4. Best Portable: Weber Q1200 Gas Grill
The Q1200 is the most versatile portable gas grill due to its compact size and intelligent design. The Q1200 by Weber is simple to operate, portable, and well-constructed, making it the ideal companion for a beach, campground, or stadium parking lot trip. Using a one-pound propane fuel canister, it heats up in approximately 10 to 15 minutes and is simple to ignite with an electric starter.
Dual porcelain-coated cast iron grilling plates that are simple to clean after use. With a weight of 31 pounds and a width of a few feet, the Q1200 will fit easily in the trunk of your car. And despite its diminutive size, it offers 189 square inches of cooking space, enough for six burgers or a few steaks.
In addition, we appreciate the fold-out side tables that provide prep space not typically found on portable grills, as well as the cast iron clamshell lid with an integrated thermometer.
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area. Dimensions – Lid Open and Tables Out (inches)-24.6 H x 40.9 W x 20.5 D. Lid Closed and Tables Out (inches)-15.5 H x 40.9 W x 16.5 D
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box. Battery type: AAA
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz LP cylinder (sold separately). Glass-reinforced nylon frame
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
- Affordably priced
- Narrow profile suits tight spaces
- High heat output
- Not as durably built as pricier grills
- Smaller cooking surface than other gas grills
- Limited storage space
5. Best Infrared: Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 2-Burner Gas Grill
This grill can easily reach subzero temperatures and is made entirely of stainless steel. Many small gas grills cannot reach temperatures above 550 degrees Fahrenheit, which are necessary for achieving a good sear on steaks and crispy burger edges. This model from Char-Broil uses infrared heat to achieve surface temperatures over 600 degrees Fahrenheit, sufficient for searing.
The compact size of this two-burner grill is also a plus. With the side tables folded down, it measures slightly less than 27 inches wide, so it won’t crowd small patios and decks, but it still has over 310 square inches of primary cooking surface. And if aesthetics is important to you, its stainless steel lid, control panel, and side tables will appeal to you.
- 310 square inches of primary cooking space on durable porcelain-coated, rust-resistant and easy-to-clean steel grates, plus a 95 square inch warming rack ideal for sides and buns
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks up to 50% juicier food.
- Exclusive metallic gray finish for increased style and durabilty. Single-door cabinet design offers storage space for propane tank, grilling tools and accessories.
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable burner lighting at the push of a buttom. Convenient side shelves offer added work and prep space, and are Gear Trax enabled. When not in use, the side shelves fold down to save space and for storage.
- Powered by propane, (LP), gas, the stainless steel burners offer long-lasting performance ad emit flames from the top for even heat with no hot or cold spots.
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge to easily monitor the inside temperature of your grill and durable porcelain-coated grease pan which can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Simplified design with standardized hardware for quick and easy assembly. Includes a custom-cleaning tool with SAFER red nylon bristles. Sits on four heavy-duty casters, (2 of which lock), for easy mobility around your deck or patio.
- Assembled dimensions: 44.5-inches wide x 22.4-inches deep x 45.3-inches high.
- Easily reaches sear level temperatures
- Stainless steel construction
- Enclosed cabinet conceals tank
- Porcelain grates are difficult to clean
- Not as durable as pricer grills
- Smaller cooking surface area
6. Best for Camping: Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
We could not locate a portable grill with a larger cooking surface and more cooking zones than the Roadtrip 285. Coleman is one of the most well-known RVing and camping equipment brands, so it should be no surprise that its Road Trip grill is ideal for outdoor cooking. Portability and a well-designed cooking surface are its primary selling points. And while this grill weighs 50 pounds, it collapses and has two large wheels that allow you to roll it behind like luggage.
Unusually, the cooking surface is equipped with three gas burners for a portable grill. With these three cooking zones and 285 square inches of cooking surface, you can sear a steak, roast kabobs, and grill vegetables all at once with ample space. Additionally, we adore the non-stick cast iron grill plates, which make barbecue cleanup a breeze.
- GRILLING POWER: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 3 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: With improved burner technology for more precise temperature control
- LARGE GRILLING AREA: 285 sq. inches
- EASY SETUP: Sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels
- THERMOMETER: Integrated design for accurate temperature monitoring
- PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION: For matchless lighting
- FUEL: 1 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- Three cooking zones
- Folds up and rolls for transport
- Ample cooking surface for a portable grill
- Needs two people to lift it into the trunk and set it up
- Takes up more space in the trunk
- Expensive for a portable gas grills
7. Best Natural Gas: Rogue SE 425 Natural Gas Grill
The Rogue remains compact despite featuring three cooking zones, separate sear burners, and a cooking surface measuring 425 square inches. Unlike other grills, the Napoleon features two distinct types of burners.
In addition to its four standard propane burners, the Rogue is equipped with two infrared burners at the rear, allowing you to sear steaks or even use the grill as a rotisserie. This, combined with the grill’s four front standard burners, creates numerous cooking zones. In addition, there is an infrared side burner for heating sides or warming sauces.
Even with 425 square inches of cooking space, the Rogue’s width is only 48 inches, despite the side tables not folding down. Its stainless steel construction, which includes the cooking grates, gives your outdoor living space a classier appearance.
- The Rogue SE 425 Natural Gas barbecue has 3 main burners, 70,500 BTU’s, and 710 square inches of total grilling area including the infrared sear station
- DURABLE FINISHES: Rust resistant, durable stainless steel barbecue will stand up to any weather while remaining stylish
- REAR INFRARED BURNER: The rear infrared rotisserie burner is perfect for slow spit roasting many different delicious meals (Rotisserie Kit not included)
- INFRARED SEAR STATION: Get the perfect, steak house style, sear on steaks using the integrated sear station, infrared heat produces incredibly high temperatures. It is also the perfect place to prepare sauces and side dishes
- MAINTENANCE FREE GRATES: The stainless steel cooking grids are virtually maintenance free
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE: Exact heat control allows barbecuers to grill and roast at lower temperatures or turn up the heat for searing
- JETFIRE IGNITION: Ignite the Rogue BBQ Grill instantly with the battery free ignition. This failsafe ignition system lights burners immediately with a jet of flame
- WAVE SHAPED GRATES: The unique wave shape cooking grids provides even heating, prevents food from falling through, and produces exceptional sear marks
- SPACE SAVING: Folding side shelves allow this BBQ to be tucked out of the way for storage, or fit into compact spaces, ideal for balconies, and small patios
- DUAL LEVEL SEAR PLATES: Dual level, stainless steel sear plates catch and vaporize any food drippings, protecting the stainless steel tube burners from damage and keeps your barbecue cleaner
- Separate Infrared sear burner
- High total BTU Output
- Broad cooking surface
- Side shelves don’t fold down
8. Best Budget: Weber Go-Anywhere Gas Grill
Weber’s Go-Anywhere portable gas grill is the best portable gas grill available. This grill is the ideal size for beach trips, camping, and tailgating.
The fact that this grill is compact does not imply that it lacks excellent features. It retains Weber’s porcelain-enameled cooking grates, so there’s no need to worry about food sticking to the grill. Even though it has only 6,500 BTUs of heat power, this grill can still sear steaks, chicken, and fish.
This grill is made of steel and porcelain-coated porcelain and is highly portable. It is lightweight and has sturdy handles to facilitate transport. Folding legs that lock in place increase their portability, allowing you to throw it in your trunk and grill anywhere.
- Push button ignition
- Porcelain-enameled, steel cooking grate
- Porcelain-enameled base and lid
- Plated steel legs pivot to lock lid in place for carrying
- Push button ignition worked flawlessly
- Lightweight yet powerful enough for small group
- Legs fold up for easy transport
- Affordable price for a Weber
- Grease trap not sufficient
- Tough to get completely clean
9. Best Tabletop – Giantex Propane Stainless Steel Tabletop Gas Grill
With the Giantex 2-Burner Stainless Steel Tabletop Grill, you don’t have to worry about cooking power. This small but powerful grill has 20,000 BTUs of power (more than some full-size grills), allowing you to cook everything from vegetables to steak quickly.
This grill also features adjustable heat and separate burners, allowing you to heat only the space you need for cooking quickly.
Not to worry if your patio space is limited. This grill is designed for tables with foldable, compact legs. The grill’s convenient handles also make it simple to transport and store.
- 【Giantex Tabletop Grill】: Giantex 2-Burner stainless steel tabletop grill is built for the BBQ-grillers, Construct of 430 stainless steel offers durability and easy-to-clean surfaces.
- 【Easy To Operate】: Two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-ups. It offers 20,000 total BTUs and reaches high temperatures quickly with each burner independently adjustable.
- 【Foldable Design】: Foldable legs and lockable lid for portable transport and storage. Also make it more easily transportion or storage.It is perfect for dinner party and camping.
- 【Light-weight & Safety Use】: CSA standard approved gas grills. Light-weight and with locking hood for transport and storage.
- 【Widely Use】: Perfect for tailgating, camping, picnics, boating or anywhere your travels take you. Overall dimensions: 22” x 18” x 15” (L x W x H) is suitable for home using, Easy assemble is required with all hardware packed in the package.
- Easy to set up and powerful
- The two push-and-turn ignition burners offer quick start-ups
- Durable and easy-to-clean stainless steel
- Light-weight and portable with locking hood for transport
- Challenging heat control
- Short top height when lid is closed
10. Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster Portable Gas Grill
Cuisinart Grillster is the ideal solution for your grilling needs if you desire a grill with a stylish appearance and excellent performance. This portable gas grill is attractive, efficient, and simple to clean.
This grill has over 8,000 BTUs of cooking power, providing ample heat for all your favorite foods. When the meal is complete, place the grates in the dishwasher for simple cleanup.
One of the best features of this grill is that it is easy to assemble and requires no tools. Additionally, it utilizes 1-pound propane tanks, so you do not have to worry about transporting a large propane tank. We believe that this is the best option for portability.
- 146-SQUARE-INCH ENAMELED STEEL COOKING GRATE: 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
- 8,000 BTU BURNER WORKS WITH 1 LB PROPANE TANK: Features an 8,000 BTU burner, a push to ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. propane tank giving you ultimate portability.
- COMPACT DESIGN: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and weighs only 10 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, Tailgating and more.
- LOCKING LID: The lid latches down allowing for quick and easy transport
- NO ASSEMBLY: The grill requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 5 minutes without the need for tools or matches.
- The affordable price
- The streamlined design and lid lifts out of the way
- Lightweight and easy to bring anywhere
- Dishwasher safe porcelain enameled grate.
- Not as durable as others
- No side tables
Best Small Gas Grill – FAQs
There is no easy answer to this question, as it depends on your specific needs and preferences. That said, some of the best small gas grills on the market include the Weber Q1200, the Coleman Road Trip LXE, and the Napoleon LE425.
Size is obviously a key consideration when choosing a small gas grill – you want to make sure that it will fit comfortably in your backyard or patio. Another important factor to consider is heat output – you’ll want a grill that can reach high temperatures so you can cook food quickly and evenly. Other factors to consider include portability, durability, and price.
One of the biggest benefits of owning a small gas grill is that it’s portable – you can easily take it with you on camping trips or picnics. Additionally, small gas grills are typically less expensive than larger models, and they’re easier to store. They also tend to heat up more quickly than charcoal grills, so you can start cooking sooner.
The main drawback to owning a small gas grill is that they typically have smaller cooking surfaces than larger models. This can be limiting if you plan to cook large quantities of food at once. Additionally, small gas grills may not be as durable as larger models, and they may not be as well-suited for cooking a variety of foods.
The best way to choose the right small gas grill for you is to consider your needs and preferences. Some things to think about include how often you plan to use it, where you will be using it, and what type of food you want to cook on it.
Some features to consider when choosing a small gas grill include its size, portability, cooking area, and features. Make sure to choose a grill that is the right size for your needs, is easy to transport, and has the features you want.
No, you should not use a small gas grill indoors. Small gas grills are designed for outdoor use and should only be used in well-ventilated areas.
When using a small gas grill, be sure to read and follow the safety instructions carefully. Some of the key safety precautions you need to take include ensuring the grill is properly assembled, keeping it in a well-ventilated area, and keeping children and pets away from it. Never leave a small gas grill unattended, and always make sure the grill is completely cool before storing it.
For more information on small gas grills, visit our website. We have a wide selection of small gas grills available for purchase online, as well as tips on how to choose the right one for you.
The main difference between a small gas grill and a regular gas grill is size – small grills are typically smaller in size than regular grills. Small gas grills are also generally cheaper than regular grills and can be easier to assemble and use.
This is a question that often sparks debate among grill enthusiasts! Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. Propane grills are typically considered more convenient since you don’t have to light charcoal briquettes, while charcoal grills often offer a more intense flavor.
When purchasing a small gas grill, there are several factors you’ll want to consider: price, size, type of grill (propane or charcoal), ease of assembly and use, and grill features. Consider what is most important to you when making your decision.
Yes, a small gas grill can be used for barbecuing. However, keep in mind that the size might limit what you can cook. For larger items, you might need to cook them in sections.
Small gas grills range in price from around $30 to $200 or more. The price will depend on the size, type of grill, and features offered.
Small gas grills can be found at most home improvement stores and department stores. Online retailers also sell small gas grills.
If you are in the market for a small gas grill, we have provided some information that may be helpful to you. We’ve looked at some of the best small gas grills on the market and highlighted their features.
Additionally, we’ve included a buyer’s guide to help you make the most informed decision possible when purchasing your new grill. Finally, we would like to leave you with a call to action and encourage you to visit our website or one of our retail partners to purchase your new small gas grill today!
- 15 Substitutes for Tarragon You Should Know
- 8 Substitutes for Smoked Paprika That Will Amaze You
- What Makes the Best Latte Machine? Find Out Before You Buy One
- Top Best Coffee Grinders for French Press Lovers – Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
- Let out the Top Chef in You with These Simple Ways on How to Cook a Turkey – And 15 Best Turkey Recipes
- Discover What You Need to Know About the Best Meat Injector
- How to Find the Best Frozen Hamburger Patties for Grilling
- How Many Ribs in A Rack? Amazing Rib Facts for You
- Bearded Butchers
- Tenderizing Meat With Baking Soda
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.