Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
No outdoor cooking enthusiast should be without a smoker grill combo. These units provide an all-in-one smoking and grilling experience, making it easy to cook delicious smoked foods.
In this article, we will look at some of the best smoker grill combos on the market and provide a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right one for your needs. So, whether you are a seasoned pro or just starting out, read on for all you need to know about smoker grill combos!
Our Top Picks
What is Smoker Grill Combo?
A smoker grill combo is a combination between a grill and a smoker. Smokers are more advanced than grills in that they require fuel (wood chips or chunks, charcoal briquettes) to use. The best feature of a smoker grill is that it combines both functions into one unit. It can grill and smoke foods, which eliminates the need to purchase two pieces of equipment. Additionally, it helps you save space.
A smoker grill combo is charcoal, electric, or propane-fueled barbecue, with some models including an integrated smoke box. It can be used directly or indirectly. Charcoal, pellet, and kettle-style smokers are the most common types. Combinations of smoker grills of various types
There are numerous combinations of smoker grills. The primary distinction between these grills is the type of fuel used. The four primary types of smoker grill combos are as follows:
- Charcoal grill smoker combos are charcoal grills that include an attached side smoker box. They produce exceptional results and are the most affordable combo smokers. The Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco Pro Drum Smoker is an example of this.
- Charcoal grill smokers: incorporate wood chips into the charcoal. A ceramic grill, such as the Kamado Joe, is an example.
- Electric pellet smoker grill combo: These pellets are more expensive since an electric heating element powers them. I enjoy using pellet smokers because they are simple to operate and maintain a consistent cooking temperature. The Weber SmokeFire EX6 Wood Fired Pellet Grill is a notable example.
- Hybrid charcoal and gas grills: Are your undecided between gas and electricity? Then consider a hybrid! A famous example is the Z GRILLS Z Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker. These models enable cooking with a variety of different fuels and wood pellets.
Benefits of using Smoker Grill Combo
Smoker grill combos are all the rage now. Maybe you have heard of them before or maybe this is your first-time hearing about it, either way there are some benefits to using these smokers.
If you think about traditional smokers, they are expensive and bulky, smoker grills combo is the perfect solution for that. They can save space and offer a lot more cooking option.
So, what benefits do smoker grill combos have? Let’s look at some of them below.
- For one, they use less charcoal than traditional smokers. This is because they are designed to work as both the cooker and the smoking appliance in one package. You can’t get it wrong since you don’t need to monitor it. The other benefit is that they can also use wood chips to smoke meat. The best part about this is that you get more flavors since you can get more smoke in the meat.
- Traditional smokers take up a lot of space and are heavy, but these smoker grill combos are much lighter and take up less space. This is great for those who may not have a lot of storage or table space to spare. You can easily carry them around and often don’t even need more than one person to move it. It only weighs about 45 pounds on average, so it won’t be too hard to lift either.
- You can cook many types of meat with smoker grill combos. Some of these may include whole chickens, steaks, ribs and more. Another thing that makes this a great option is that you can do both grilling and smoking in one place, which eliminates the need to have another appliance sitting around your kitchen or patio.
- You don’t have to use it for meat only. You can use it for vegetables, seafood or anything that you want to grill. This is because the grates are high quality, and the heat range is adjustable so it can go low enough to not burn up your veggies while also giving them the smoky flavor that they need.
- These smoker grill combos are typically made from stainless steel which allows for easy cleaning and higher temperatures. You won’t have to worry about it sticking or burning and you don’t need to use a lot of oils, sprays or rubs when cooking either.
So, if you are looking for the benefits of using smoker grill combos, they prove themselves over traditional smokers in many ways. Whether it is space or storage, lower costs, ease of use, flavor and the ability to cook many types of meats as well as veggies, they are a great option.
You can easily find one at your local department store or online. If you do decide to purchase one keep in mind that there is no need for charcoal so those briquettes can now go into your garden to help your plants grow.
Factors to consider when purchasing Smoker Grill Combo
A smoker grill combo offers an excellent way to enjoy smoked foods. Among these, the Electric Smoker Grill Combo is one of the top smokers in the market today. It sets up easily and you can start enjoying great tasting meals right away.
If you are thinking about buying an electric smoker grill combo, there are certain factors that you should consider before you make your purchase. You can find out more about these factors here.
Number of Cooking Grates
The first thing that you should consider is the number of cooking grates that you need for your smoker grill combo. The more the cooking grates, the more space you will have to cook different dishes at once.
Size of Cooking Grates
The size of the cooking grates is another factor that you should look at. If you have a large family, then you will need a larger grill for your smoker grill combo. In addition to this, the space between the grates is also important when it comes to cooking different dishes at once.
Another important factor that you should consider is the temperature controls of your smoker grill combo. They can either be controlled manually or automatically, depending on the model that you choose. Either way, having temperature control is essential for making great tasting dishes.
The design of a smoker grill combo is also another factor that you should consider when buying one for yourself. For instance, if you are looking to save space in your backyard or kitchen, then you can choose a mini smoker grill combo.
The price of the smoker grill combo is yet another factor that you should take into consideration before purchasing one for yourself.
A low price doesn’t mean that you will be getting a low-quality product; if anything, you can end up with an amazing smoker grill combo that is worth every penny.
No matter what type of smoker grill combo you choose for yourself, make sure that it has all the features that you need. This will help you to get the most of your investment.
10 Best Smoker Grill Combo Reviews
It is no secret that smoking is a fantastic way to cook delicious food. However, many people do not have the money or space for a full-sized smoker.
That is where smoker grill combos come in – they offer the best of both worlds! In this post, we will look at some of the best smoker grill combos on the market and help you figure out which one is right for you. Happy smoking!
1. Best Overall: Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker Combo
Masterbuilt is renowned for producing high-quality grills and smokers. Consequently, you may wonder what distinguishes this model from the rest. What is the sum of the Masterbuilt 1050’s features? Complex flavor with a simple appearance. Now, any novice can obtain a professional taste.
With this multifunctional design, any cut of meat can be smoked, grilled, seared, baked, or roasted to the highest quality. Obtain the ideal smoky flavor regardless of the occasion.
Grillers favor charcoal grills and smokers. Typically, they are less expensive than other types of grills. However, this is not the sole reason. Charcoal imparts a charred, smokey flavor and aroma to the meat. It is impossible to replicate the taste with other grills.
Electric and gas smokers grill and smoke nearly automatically when woodchips are added. Therefore, there is no need to maintain the fire. Charcoal grills require more manual labor. However, the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 solves this issue for you.
The temperature is controlled for you by the digitally controlled fan. In addition, there is an integrated meat probe thermometer. To achieve the ideal smoky flavor. And you need not tend to it throughout the day. Convenient. The optimal combination of both worlds.
As mentioned previously, the digital controls and fans require power to operate. You can add a battery or plug the included power adapter into a wall outlet or, in my case, a patio extension cord.
We recommend the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 Grill and Smoker to customers looking for a medium to large quality grill. Masterbuilt is known for producing high-quality goods. With over three decades of experience, they are one of the leading companies in the smoking industry. And the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 Grill and Smoker is undoubtedly one of the company’s finest offerings.
The style is sleek and contemporary. It includes digital temperature controls and an internal thermometer. These controls link to their app, which is available for free download. Thus, the temperature can be set and managed from anywhere. In addition, filling the hopper with charcoal provides eight hours of cooking time.
- Reaches 225°F in 10 minutes or 700°F in 15 minutes
- Control temperature and cook time with the digital control panel or with smart device control using WiFi or Bluetooth
- DigitalFan for precise temperature control
- GravityFed hopper holds 10 lbs. of lump charcoal or 16 lbs. of briquettes for up to 8 hours of use
- Convenient fold out cord storage in back of side shelf to prevent loss or damage to the power supply
- Folding stainless steel shelf and stainless steel side shelf for extra preparation space
- Designed for ease of use
- Multi-function digital control panel.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection
- Great value for money
- Heats up quickly, reaching 225F in ten minutes
- And 700F in fifteen minutes
- Offers a lot of cooking space, at 1050 square inches
- The cost is slightly high.
- The online app is often glitchy, and we prefer to skip it.
- With charcoal grills, you must buy coal regularly.
2. Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker
If you are serious about smoking meat in your backyard, you are likely considering purchasing a Weber Smokey Mountain. The Weber Smokey Mountain has amassed a massive cult following among fans of smoked meat. One of the most significant advantages of buying a WSM is the abundance of online resources for optimizing its use.
The Smokey Mountains belong to the family of water smokers. Like a bullet (another nickname), they are small but pack a powerful punch. Excellent if you have limited space or wish to purchase multiple smokers or grills.
Smokey Mountain generates smoke and heat using charcoal and wood chunks. The water bowl between the fire and the cooking grates is the defining characteristic of this cooking method. The water bowl maintains a consistent smoking temperature and adds moisture to the smoke chamber.
It is equipped with a water pan, which helps to collect excess juices. The lower body is fitted with three dampers for regulating the airflow to the charcoal and wood chips. A side access door is also integrated into the body, allowing you to reload fresh charcoal and smoking woods. In addition, a heat-resistant silicone grommet will enable you to run the probe thermometer cable without interrupting the other seals.
The lid also includes a damper for controlling smoke density and releasing excess heat. The built-in thermometer is also highly accurate. This cannot be said for most small charcoal smokers in this niche.
- Porcelain enameled lid, bowl, and center section retain heat and won’t rust or peel
- Two cooking grates provide ample room for smoking two large items at once
- Silicone temperature grommet monitors the internal temperature of your smoker
- Control the temperature of your smoker by easily adjusting the dampers. Smokey Mountain large aluminum fuel door allows grill masters to easily add charcoal
- Fuel door comes off to make adding charcoal or wood easier while smoking
- Weber quality
- Backed by a superior warranty
- Two cooking grates
- Silicone grommet for a probe thermometer
- Side access door to reload charcoal and wood
- Side access door leaks
- Difficult to clean ash out of the bottom
- Grates are a little sticky
3. The Complete Smoker Starter: 18-1/2 in. Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package
Weary of battling with a conventional offset smoker? The Classic Pit Barrel Cooker is the answer to all your problems and will restore your enjoyment of grilling and smoking. This remarkable smoker is simple to operate and consistently produces reliable results. Even better, it can be used as a grill in a pinch, making it ideal for spontaneous gatherings and parties.
With eight hanging hooks, two heavy-duty rods, a standard grill grate, and a charcoal basket, this is complete with everything you need for a perfect barbecue. From unpacking to the beginning, the first rack of ribs should take mere minutes.
Additionally, the Classic Pit Barrel Cooker has an impressive capacity. You can fit up to eight racks of ribs or two enormous chickens in its stomach with some room to spare. If you frequently prepare meals for large groups, this unit is ideal in size and capacity. In addition, it features a large charcoal basket for prolonged use.
Regarding smoking, this item is an absolute beast. Its distinctive hanging cooking technique produces perfectly crisp skins and incredibly moist interiors. In addition, the barrel’s design maintains a natural level of internal moisture without needing a water pan. Simply put, this is the pinnacle of cook-and-forget appliances.
It maintains a consistent and low temperature inside the unit for the duration of your smoke. If you need to make minute adjustments to the temperature, it has a vent at the bottom designed for such adjustments. Combined with the four airflow exit holes, it is straightforward to cook meat perfectly every time.
This smoker grill combination is also highly portable. All accessories fit within the barrel, which weighs 57 pounds and is light enough for a single person to load into a vehicle. We recommend purchasing an electronic thermometer with a probe, such as the Maverick XR-50. Thus, you can spend less time fretting and more time appreciating the delicious aromas emanating from the Classic Pit Barrel Cooker.
The Classic Pit Barrel Cooker is the best smoker grill combo, in our opinion. It has the characteristics, price, and consistent performance at the top of our list. In addition, with the abundance of online information, it is simple to learn the proper techniques and produce delicious food. You won’t regret purchasing this unit if you’re uncertain about which model you want.
- 130 Gallon Steel Drum/Lid
- 8 Stainless Steel Hooks
- 2 Steel Hanging Rods
- 1 Charcoal Basket
- 1 Grill Grate
- 1 Wooden Hook Remover
- 1 Three-point Barrel stand
- HOOK-N-HANG™ COOKING METHOD
- Large capacity of 3,500 cu. in. to accommodate 8 ribs/2 turkeys
- Comes with a coal basket to fuel the smoking process appropriately
- Unique rotatable steel vent and four small exhaust vents for airflow regulation
- No need to check or do anything else for the next 9-12 hours
- Yields impressive results through minimal hassle and easy operation
- Restricted control over temperature changes while cooking
- Better as a smoker, as flipping while grilling can be a hassle
- No temperature gauge; better to buy a digital thermometer if unsure
4. Royal Gourmet CC1830FC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker
A charcoal grill with a side smoker box securely attached can appeal to a backyard chef who occasionally prepares traditional smoked barbecue. The Royal Gourmet CC1830F-C Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker attempts to provide this capability while also being capable of handling virtually any conventional grilling technique.
The side smoker box is attached securely and includes its damper controls. It is designed to allow you to start a small charcoal and wood chip fire without having to use the main grilling chamber. The meat is smoked by passing heat and smoke through a large vent.
It has a sturdy cart with an expanded metal shelf at the bottom. This helps everything remain rigid, as opposed to the grills of many competitors, which can occasionally feel a little shaky. The front of the Royal Gourmet CC1830F-C Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker features a small metal shelf that is securely welded to hold serving and prep plates.
The primary grill grates are coated with a special semi-nonstick porcelain coating. Also included is a warming rack of modest size for holding food that has been cooked prematurely. It also includes an adjustable charcoal pan that allows you to set the fire high for a steakhouse-style sear or low for indirect heating and hybrid grilling.
The Royal Gourmet CC1830F-C grill performs admirably as a grill. It has a sturdy base, an adjustable charcoal pan, and ample space for grilling food for a large family. The side smoker box is its only weakness. It is too tiny to barbecue significant cuts of meat, and the leaky hinges without a cover could lead to rust issues. However, these issues can be circumvented for the price with a simple cover and careful coal placement.
- Easy assembly, a total of 823 sq. in. cooking surface includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 191 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Seamless connection between side smoker and main chamber help to heat up quickly and keep warming; lid adopt groove design,ensure sealing performance of the side smoker box.
- 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control; Removable charcoal pan allows adding charcoal and dumping ashes easily.
- Easy-to-read thermometer built-in the main lid helps to control the grilling temperature, the paint on the burn box won’t flake.
- Front table and bottom shelf provide additional working and storage space; Two wagon-style wheels make this grill easy to move around.
- Adjustable charcoal pan
- Friendly Price
- Large primary grill grate
- Sturdy base with expanded metal shelf
- The smoker box is small
- Hinges on smoker box aren’t waterproof
- Charcoal pan is hard to adjust when hot
5. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
If you’re interested in pellet grills but unsure if one would fit your lifestyle, a product like the Z Grills ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker could be ideal. This pellet grill and smoker has a straightforward design and a modest temperature range, and it costs half as much as many popular pellet grills. I cooked hamburgers, pizza, and pulled pork on a budget-friendly pellet grill for several weeks to determine if it could still produce the delicious flavors associated with pellet-fueled cooking.
The Z Grills ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker is simple to assemble, even though the included instructions—particularly the “quick instructions”—are vague and difficult to follow. The grill chamber and hopper are assembled, so the remaining steps involve making the legs and attaching the handles, chimney, and prep tables. Thankfully, it’s intuitive, mainly if you’ve previously assembled a grill.
The screws, nuts, and bolts are packaged in a clearly labeled box with punch-out cardboard compartments we opened sequentially as we worked. It was possible to assemble the grill alone but attaching the legs to the cooking chamber required two people.
The Z Grills ZPG-450A measures 45 inches in width and 49 inches in height at the top of its side chimney. It’s small enough to fit on our deck, and if I say so myself, it’s a sleek little unit. It is constructed from powder-coated steel of medium weight, and its body is predominantly black with a dark brown grilling chamber and hopper lids.
The controls are in the bottom left corner of the hopper, which can hold up to 15 pounds of wood pellets. There are two porcelain-coated stainless-steel grates inside, a larger main cooking area, and a smaller warming rack, giving you a total of 452 square inches of cooking space.
If you can get past its ineffective side tables and lengthy preheating time, the Z Grills ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker is an unbeatable value, delivering flavorful, consistent temperature control on par with much more expensive pellet grills.
- ULTIMATE 8-IN-1
- Pellet Grill Technology
- Set the Temperature, Relax, and Enjoy
- Consistent Results Every Time
- 180° to 450° F temperature range
- Designed for Small Families
- Built to Last
- Huge Grilling Area & Hopper Capacity
- Affordable price point
- Food is extremely flavorful
- Maintains consistent heat within +/- 15 degrees
- Comes with rain cover
- Takes longer than expected to preheat
- Prep tables are too small
- Doesn't get hot enough to sear
6. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box
The Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro is a conventional charcoal grill with a side firebox measuring 250 square inches. It is constructed of heavy-duty steel and comes standard with an adjustable cooking grate made of cast iron, which is ideal for searing meats to seal in flavor. It also has a double-thick bottom to prevent rust and increase the overall durability of the smoker grill.
It has two exterior shelves and an underbody rack for storage. These are ideal for placing sauces, accessories for grilling, and heavy bags of charcoal. Inside, the primary grill is tall enough to cook a beer can chicken and large enough to cook four to five racks of ribs.
In addition, the Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro has removable charcoal drawers that make adding charcoal and dumping ashes a breeze. Additionally, two large wheels are located at one end to facilitate transport.
The airtight flanged hood and adjustable dampers optimize heat convection and circulation for effective and even grilling. For enhanced flavor, wood chips can be used to smoke and grill simultaneously.
You will appreciate the ease with which this smoker grill combo maintains temperature and excellent airflow. Nonetheless, numerous owners have reported that the temperature gauge is inaccurate.
Therefore, we suggest you replace it with a Maverick XR-50 for more accurate readings. You may also wish to seal all internal seams with LavaLock Smoker Seal to help lock in flavor and maintain a more consistent cooking temperature.
Overall, this smoker grill combo is an excellent value and is ideal for large barbecues. Although it may require some tweaking to achieve perfection, the results are well worth the effort. The Char-Griller 224 Smokin Pro is the way to go if you desire a traditional grilling experience with the added versatility of a smoker.
- Traditional charcoal grill with side firebox for Texas style barbecue
- Grill barrel and side firebox provide heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction; nonstick cast-iron cooking grates for even heating
- Removable charcoal drawers allow users to add charcoal and dump ashes easily; double bottom for long-term durability
- Additional features include temperature gauge, storage rack and 2 wheels for easy transport. Heavy Duty Steel Construction
- 580 square inches of cooking surface ; 250 square inch side fire box for either charcoal cooking or smoking ; Total cooking area of the Char-Griller grill and smoker is 830 square inches
- Grill measures 62″ X 29″ X 50″, weight: 146 lbs., Assembly required
- Durable and sturdy body
- It can be used as a smoker and grill
- Pull-out drawer for dumping out ash
- Height-adjustable grates
- It comes with a decent warranty
- It’s hard to adjust the grates’ height when the smoker is on
- Assembling it is quite hard
7. Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Gas Smoker Combo
The Char-Broil grill Oklahoma The Joe’s Charcoal Gas Smoker Combo is constructed to last a lifetime. Its heavy-gauge steel construction and ultra-durable components can withstand even the roughest crowds.
In addition, similar to a gas grill smoker combo, this unit features dual zones for charcoal and propane and a smoker box for the utmost grilling versatility.
Assembly is relatively simple but will require several hours of labor. This is primarily due to the unit’s weight and size. We recommend enlisting the assistance of a couple of friends to help you move the pieces and position the grill in its final location. Users have noted that the beast’s wheels are not up to the task of transporting it and are, at best, somewhat unstable.
There are three 12,000 BTU burners in the main chamber and a secondary 12,000 BTU burner that serves as a charcoal starter once this beast is lit. With such a high temperature, you can quickly and easily grill a few sausages for the big game while the other side cooks slowly.
If you live in a humid environment, the thick exterior of the Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe will prevent rust and give it a much longer outdoor life than a cheaper alternative. The Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Outdoor Grill Combo Cover is also recommended for added protection. After all, if you’re spending this much on a grill, you might as well spend a few extra dollars on protecting your investment.
This smoker combo grill features triple temperature gauges, multiple dampers, and heat-resistant handles for a convenient and productive backyard barbecue. We recommend placing the coals in a disposable aluminum roasting pan for simple cleanup. The pan can be quickly replaced, and you can resume grilling in no time.
Overall, the Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe’s Smoker Combo provides the user with complete grilling control. Whether you desire smoked brisket, vegetables grilled over charcoal, or a quick hamburger, this grill has you covered. In addition, due to its sturdy construction, it can withstand hailstorms, wind gusts, and virtually any other natural occurrence, emerging unscathed and ready for more.
- 1,060 total square inch cooking surface
- 750 square inch primary cooking surface in main chamber over porcelain-coated cast iron grates. Number of grates: 6
- 310 square inch cooking surface in firebox chamber
- 3x 12,000 BTU Burners, (36,000 BTU’s total) in gas grilling chamber
- 12,000 BTU side burner accommodates charcoal chimney starter
- Professional temperature gauge for accurate monitoring in both cooking chambers
- Firebox door with air damper for added convenience and easy clean-up
- The grill allows you to cook with gas, charcoal, and acts as a smoker
- The grill comes with offset firebox and side burner
- Lid mounted temperature gauges
- Cool-touch handles
- The wheels look cool but are wobbly and make the grill difficult to move. And at 31.5 x 74 x 50.6 inches and 205lbs, this is a large and heavy piece grill to move.
8. PK Grills 360 Charcoal Grill and Smoker
The PK 360 Grill & Smoker is an exquisitely crafted piece of cooking equipment made from the highest quality cast aluminum. The selection of materials renders this unit completely rustproof and incredibly durable. Additionally, the main grill body is detachable from the base, making this one of the few portable smoker grill combos available.
The PK 360 is extremely well-sealed, and the dual radial vents and adjustable air intakes make temperature regulation a breeze. It can also rotate from 180 degrees to over 700 degrees. Almost anything can be smoked, grilled, or seared with such an extensive cooking range. Additionally, you can make on-the-fly adjustments to achieve perfectly cooked meat every time.
Due to the unique design of the capsule, you will have access to two distinct cooking zones. On one side, you can sear a steak while slowly cooking a chicken on the other. In addition, it allows for precise temperature control and makes your life significantly easier.
This smoker grill combination has two large, removable exterior shelves. These containers are ideal for storing spices, rubs, and plates and offer great versatility. In addition, they are surrounded by a handy stainless steel rod. The rod can hang cooking utensils, towels, and other items for convenient, out-of-the-way access.
The capacity to block the unit’s airflow is a further advantageous feature. After cooking, there are typically a few coals that have not entirely burned out. Most people would wait for them to die out and dispose of the ash. With the PK 360, however, you can quickly extinguish any remaining charcoal and save it for your next barbecue.
Cleaning the residual ash can be tricky, which is one of the unit’s few drawbacks. Thankfully, PK Grills has introduced a Heavy Duty Charcoal Basket that collects all ashes and makes cleanup much more accessible.
Overall, this is an attractive, high-quality combination grill that will easily stand the test of time. With its rustproof body, ample cooking and storage space, and unique air venting system, the PK 360 Grill & Smoker is a premium option that will produce some of the tastiest food you’ve ever tasted.
- BARBEQUE GRILL AND SMOKER COMBO – Versatile Grill and Smoker excels at both hot and fast barbecue grilling or low and slow cooking smoking. Easy to set up with a unique capsule shape combined with 4-point venting, for real no-nonsense barbecue
- FOUR POINT VENTING SYSTEM – Features two adjustable air intakes and two adjustable exhaust vents for maximum heat control in the cooking chambers. Enjoy hot and fast barbeque, sear meat, burgers, bird. Adjust heat for slow cooked meats, brisket, tender pork ribs, steak
- TWO ZONE HEATING – Zone 1 features direct heating for fast, sizzling char-grill. Zone 2 cooks food with indirect heat, great for smoking and slow cooked meats. Grill can also be setup for cooking in two separate heating zones in one barbeque simultaneously
- CAST ALUMINIUM CAPSULE DESIGN – Superior, rust proof, thick cast aluminum bbq grill distributes heat evenly and 4x faster than steel, giving you the perfect cook every time. Capsule volume: 5374 Cubic Inches. All Pk grills are exceptionally durable, built to cook, and built to last
- PORTABLE OUTDOOR GRILL – Grill Detaches from its stand riser for independent use, easy to transport, sits on tabletops or other surfaces. The perfect portable grill for camping, tailgating, fishing/hunting
- Backed by a superior warranty
- Can be used as a smoker
- Durable cast aluminum construction
- Innovative ash tents for clear airflow control
- Very accurate thermometer
- Shelves are a little small
- No fire bowl divider
- Tricky to clean sometimes
9. Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
Weary of the disappointing results of gas grilling? Craving that authentic wood-smoked taste?With a pellet grill like the Traeger Pro Series 22, you no longer need a chainsaw and hatchet to achieve the perfect wood-smoked aroma.
Pellet grills were invented in the 1970s due to the oil crisis, which compelled individuals to seek inexpensive alternatives to oil and gas. The first pellet stoves used sawdust pellets made from compression to heat homes.
As grillers adopted the technology, the fuel was changed from multi-ingredient compressed pellets to wood pellets that are 100% food-safe. Hardwood pellets are marginally more costly, but they impart a superior flavor and burn at a more constant temperature.
Hardwood pellet grills are better for the environment and your food than charcoal grills, tastier than electric or gas grills, and more accessible and precise than grilling with rough-cut logs.
When combined with a slow feed hopper, hardwood pellets offer consistent heat at an affordable price. Traeger has been the market leader in pellet grills for over four decades. Since 1985, when Joe Traeger of Oregon patented the first pellet grill, he has produced some of the highest quality grills on the market.
The Traeger Pro Series 22 is available. Many features that have made the Traeger brand famous for consistency, flavor, and ease of use are included at a moderate price.
- Wood-Fired Flavor: Flavor from real hardwood pellets
- Set-it & Forget it: Easy, consistent results every time
- Epic Flavor Endless Possibilities: Grill, Smoke, Braise, Roast, Bake and BBQ
- Digital Pro Controller
- Porcelain-Coated Grill Grates
- Steel construction & durable powder coated finish
- Highly versatile, many cooking functions
- Superior flavor to gas grills
- Extra-large hopper so you won’t run out of fuel
- Capable of cooking huge amounts of food
- Performs well in all four seasons
- Simple, straightforward operation
- Easy to clean grill racks
- Excels at grilling and smoking
- Durable, sturdy, and weather resistant
- Less costly than your next trip to the mechanic
- Temperature probes and controls can be damaged in shipping
- Pellet auger can easily become jammed and affect temperature control
10. Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Digital Charcoal Griddle, Grill and Smoker Combo
Masterbuilt’s Gravity Series is an outdoor cooking industry revolution. It is the first widely available charcoal-powered cooking system with grill, griddle, and smoking options.
The Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Series is an absolute beast regarding high-temperature grilling. If you’ve ever grilled over a charcoal fire, you know how hot the coals can get if you want them to. This grill has a fan that stirs the coals to make them extremely hot.
The grill incorporates numerous safety features. The first is a lid switch that, when opened, restricts temperature to 500°F/260°C. This means that as long as the lid is open, the maximum temperature your grill or griddle can reach is 500°F. This is particularly important when using a griddle, as the lid will likely remain open the entire time.
To control the chimney effect, switches are on the top of the charcoal hopper and the ash door. Without these switches, a fan blowing hot air into what becomes a charcoal chimney could easily ignite the entire charcoal column. Masterbuilt is aware of this, so when either door is opened, the fan automatically shuts off to protect your grill and cook.
Masterbuilt’s Gravity Series is an excellent addition to the outdoor cooking market. They are making technology available to backyard barbecue enthusiasts previously only available to competition barbecue cooks.
While the Gravity Series has a few drawbacks, the positives outweigh the negatives, making this a solid option for smokers and grillers. The Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 model combines the ease of use of a pellet grill with the flavor and high heat of the charcoal.
With options for smoking, grilling, and griddling on the 800 series, it is difficult to find a comparable machine on the market with such a small footprint.
- Reaches 225 F in 8 minutes, 450 F in 10 minutes, or 700 degrees Fahrenheit in 14 minutes
- Includes a flat top griddle insert and cast iron grill grates with 800 total square inches of cooking area (including the two porcelain-coated smoking racks)
- DigitalFan minimizes heat fluctuations – maintains temperature
- Control temperature and cook time with the digital control panel or with smart device control using WiFi or Bluetooth
- Built-in temperature gauge and meat probe thermometer for perfect results every time
- Probe port on cooking chamber
- Countdown and Count-up timer
- Smoke/Sear Grates
- Foldable Front Shelf
- Solder connections on controller
- Strain Relief on power cable
- Smoke leaking out top of charcoal hopper
FAQs About Best Smoker Grill Combo
If you love to cook with a smoker grill but do not have enough space in your backyard or patio, then buying a smoker grill combo unit is the best option for you. This type of grill would give you all the benefits of both types of grills, so obviously it would be more beneficial for you.
This may sound like an odd question, but there are some people who don’t know the difference. The easiest way to tell them apart is that smokers use wood chips or chunks of wood that produce smoke while grills cook via direct contact with flames or hot coals that do not produce any smoke.
So, a smoker produces that familiar smoky flavor that we’ve all come to love while grills produce that delicious, charred flavor.
A good example would be a whole chicken on a gas grill, it’s going to taste more like grilled chicken with a hint of smokiness, but it won’t have the rich smoky flavor you’d expect from a smoker.
This question doesn’t have a straight answer, it really comes down to personal preference.
Electric smokers tend not to require as much attention as their traditional counterparts, but many people find that they cannot achieve the same quality of smoke flavor in an electric model.
Having said that, there are some great electric smokers out there and it will ultimately come down to personal preference.
Yes and no, some gas grills come with a smoker box that you can place wood chips in for that smoky flavor while others have small areas of the cooking grate that are lower than the rest. These lower areas allow the smoke to flow underneath and infuse your food with that inimitable smoky flavor.
You’ll want to put your smoker in a well-ventilated area where it will be exposed to the wind but not directly next to any buildings, walls or potential air circulation blockages. You’ll need 6 inches of space all around for proper ventilation and you’ll want to place it on a flat, even surface.
There are some electric smokers that don’t require the use of any wood chips, but most traditional models will require you to have at least one or two small chunks of wood for smoking purposes. There are several types to choose from: oak, hickory and maple work well with any type of meat.
The easiest thing to do would be to pre-season your meat with whatever style of seasoning you like (i.e., salt and pepper or something more adventurous such as Cajun spices) and then place it in your smoker directly. If you want, you can also smoke other items such as cheese or vegetables without seasoning them at all.
This is the biggest complaint about traditional smokers; they tend to dry out their food while cooking it. To avoid this issue, simply place an aluminum pan filled with water directly underneath the meat you’re cooking. It will catch all the flavorful juices from the meat and keep it moist while absorbing some of that delicious smoke flavor.
Many people often ignore this question when they are about to buy smoker grill combo units for themselves. The type of wood determines what kind of food you are going to cook in your grill, so obviously if you have chosen the wrong type, you are not going to get the desired results.
The best type of wood that you could use with smoker grill is hickory, as it works like a charm each time and lets you enjoy some amazing food.
Many people do not focus on this point when they are about to buy smoker grill combo unit, but it is always better to have a look at the features before spending your money.
You should choose the one that comes with adjustable dampers just below the fire area because this would allow you to adjust the temperature depending upon what you are cooking.
The grills should also have side tables so that you can place your food easily.
For those who are using a smoker grill combo unit for the first time, there is no need to worry as it is not that difficult if you have all the information at your disposal.
It is very easy to use the charcoal side of this type of grill as you just must add the charcoal and wait for it to get started.
Once it has turned red, you can add your desired amount of wood chips depending upon what type of food you are planning on cooking and then close the lid and let the smoke spread in the entire unit.
As soon as enough smoke has been produced, open the lid and place the food you are planning to cook on it.
Close it again, wait for some time so that the grilling is completed properly and then enjoy the dish.
This part is even easier than using charcoal side as all you must do is light the grill first before adding your desired amount of wood chips and start cooking your food.
You should know that this is the best way to cook ribs as using both these grills will provide you with the best of all results.
If you want, you can also use the gas side alone without adding any charcoal or pellets for smoking.
If you use your smoker grill combo unit after every time you cook something, then cleaning it will not be an issue.
You will only have to let the heat subside and then remove any remaining food first before scrubbing the grills.
This should not take too much of your time if done properly.
You can smoke anything using this type of grill, but it is always better to cook meat with the help of smoker grill combo unit.
If you are planning on cooking seafood or vegetables, then using both these grills will ensure that the food remains juicy and has more flavor in it.
There are many differences between the two types, but the most important one is that wood smoker grill can produce more amount of smoke than charcoal smoker grill because it has an in-built system where the air gets circulated.
This ensures proper smoking even when you are cooking different types of meat at once.
Tofu is one of the most difficult things to cook and having a grilling unit will ensure that you get perfect tofu with an amazing flavor.
All you must do is cut the tofu into squares and marinate it using your favorite sauce.
Once the marinating is over, place the tofu in the smoker grill so that it can absorb all the flavor.
You will need to let it sit for at least an hour before grilling since this allows enough time for the meat to get infused with flavor and remain moist.
The longer you leave it, better would be the taste of tofu would be.
The temperature you need to cook food will depend upon the type of meat or fish you are planning on cooking.
Meat needs a higher temperature so that it becomes crispy on the outside and remains juicy on the inside.
Therefore, using a smoker grill combo unit is the best way to cook meat.
Many different types of food can be used depending upon what you are looking for.
The wood chips will also determine the flavor that your dish will have which is why it is very important that you pick the right type of wood chips before cooking.
Buying a smoker grill combo can be tricky. We have reviewed the best smokers on the market to help you decide which is right for you and your family.
Each review includes pros, cons, cost information, and more. In addition, we have provided five of our favorite models that are worth checking out before making any decisions about what type of smoker will suit your needs most! I
f this post has been helpful in learning how to find the perfect smoker grill for your needs or if it helped answer some questions with regards to price ranges or features available with different models, then please share us with friends and family who might also need assistance in finding their perfect match. Happy grilling everyone!
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.