Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Occasionally, we desire to host a party or cater an event with copious quantities of hot food. While preparing the food may appear to be the most challenging task, the hardest part is keeping the food warm during service. We could leave the food in the oven or reheat it in the microwave in a perfect world. However, a commercial food warmer may be necessary for elegant events or professional catering.
Our Top Picks
$219.00 $342.94 $189.99 $95.00
What Is Commercial Food Warmer?
A commercial food warmer is a specialized type of appliance designed to keep food warm until it is served. These devices are standard in restaurants and other commercial kitchens, where they are used to keep food at a safe temperature until it is ready to be served.
There are two main types of commercial food warmers: those that use heat lamps and those that use hot plates. Heat lamps are the most common type of food warmer, as they are less expensive to purchase and operate than hot plates. Hot plates, however, offer a more even heat distribution and can be better at keeping food warm over extended periods.
Commercial food warmers come in many sizes, so it is essential to choose one that will fit your kitchen’s needs. Smaller warmers may be adequate for a home kitchen, while larger ones might be necessary for a busy restaurant.
How Does Commercial Food Warmer Work?
A commercial food warmer works by using heat to maintain the temperature of the food. The heat is generated by a heating element, usually located at the bottom of the food warmer. The heat from the heating element is then transferred to the food, which keeps it warm.
There are different types of commercial food warmers, but they all work by using heat to maintain the temperature of the food. The most common type of commercial food warmer is the electric food warmer. Electric food warmers use electricity to generate the heat needed to keep the food warm.
Another type of commercial food warmer is the gas-powered food warmer. Gas-powered food warmers use gas to generate the heat needed to keep the food warm.
Gas-powered food warmers are usually more expensive than electric food warmers, but they are more efficient and more evenly heat the food.
The last type of commercial food warmer is the induction food warmer. Induction food warmers use induction to generate the heat needed to keep the food warm.
Induction food warmers are the most expensive food warmer, but they are the most efficient and can heat the food more evenly.
No matter what type of commercial food warmer you use, you will need to ensure that it is adequately ventilated so that the heat can escape. If the food warmer is not correctly ventilated, the heat will build up and cause the food to overcook.
Benefits Of Using Commercial Food Warmer
If you are running a food business, you know how important it is to keep your food warm and fresh. This is where commercial food warmers come in handy. Here are some of the benefits of using a commercial food warmer:
- Increased shelf life – Commercial food warmers help to increase the shelf life of your food by keeping it warm and fresh for more extended periods.
- Better taste and quality – When food is kept warm, it retains its flavor and quality better than when it is cold. Your customers will enjoy a better tasting and higher quality product.
- Greater customer satisfaction – By providing your customers with warm, fresh food, you will increase their level of satisfaction with your business. This can lead to repeat business and more loyal customers.
- Increased profits – Because commercial food warmers help keep your food fresh and flavorful, you will be able to charge more for your products. This can lead to increased profits for your business.
- Improved food safety – When food is kept warm, it is less likely to spoil or become contaminated. This means that you can provide a safe and healthy product for your customers.
Commercial food warmers are an essential piece of equipment for any food business. If you are not using one, you are missing many benefits. Invest in a quality food warmer today and see the difference it can make for your business.
7 Best Commercial Food Warmer For Your Business
Commercial food warmers are an essential part of any food service business. They help keep food at the correct serving temperature, but they also keep it looking great and appetizing to customers. Here are seven of the best commercial food warmers on the market today.
1. Best overall - SYBO Commercial Buffet Food Warmer
For Thanksgiving, this buffet server made me look like a professional chef. The food remained warm and was not overcooked. The unit quickly heated after adding water. The cleanup was a breeze. Superior stainless steel and equipment quality was present.
This product was superior to all others I’ve purchased for our restaurant. The on/off switch is conveniently located on the side, and you can turn it off without completely closing the heat knob. The knob’s five heat settings simplify setting the desired temperature.
However, the water release mechanism on the side that resembles that of tea machines is simple to operate and allows us to change the water quickly and easily. Its size allows for three one-third plates and two half plates. This has ample space, and there have been no issues to date.
The lids are somewhat delicate and must be handled with care, but the functionality is outstanding. I use it at work, where we have a small kitchen, to keep soups, hot dogs, and chili warm. It maintains the temperature well.
I’ve been using it for a few months, and I’m incredibly pleased. Perfect. It is highly recommended, and it does not get warm on the bottom so it can be placed on almost any surface without worry. Make sure to tighten the spigot.
- LARGE CAPACITY: SYBO Bain Marie features a large capacity pan (24L x 15W x 9H in dimension) with compartments & lid included.
- COMPARTMENTS INCLUDED: Three 1/3 size compartments (12L*7W*6H inches pan dimension) surely meet your needs for catered events, cafeterias, or busy concession stands.
- DURABLE: Built with 304 food grade stainless steel, easy to clean, extra durable that leaves every customer trouble free
- INTERCHANGEABLE DESIGN: Standard Bain Marie base that works with 6” deep standard size compartments of all sizes, interchangeable to suit all occasions.
- ETL CERTIFIED: All parts are ETL, CE ROHS certified, supreme quality guaranteed for safe use
- High quality stainless steel
- American brand
- Multiple configurations possible
- Heavy given steel material
- Requires significant table space
- Slightly expensive
2. Winco FW-S600 Electric Food Cooker
The Winco FW-S600 has a 20″ by 12″ standard opening that can accommodate full-size pans up to a depth of six inches. Pans of this depth still leave ample space for water underneath. This food cooker and warmer are compatible with various foods, including soup, pasta, rice, and meat dishes. It is suitable for restaurant counters, catering companies, and buffets.
This commercial countertop warmer is made of chromium steel that is lightweight and durable. This material comprises the inner and outer walls of the warmer. Chromium steel provides excellent insulation and dependability. Additionally, it is simple to clean and food safe.
A knob on the Winco FW-S600 allows you to select the appropriate serving temperature. It offers three temperature settings: low, medium, and high (140°, 170°, 200°F, respectively). The warmer’s light indicator illuminates when it reaches the desired temperature. Its insulated, energy-efficient heating compartment maintains the ideal serving temperature throughout the day.
It is powered by 1500 watts; this food cooker and warmer heats quickly. The soup will reach the proper serving temperature in 20 minutes after being placed inside. This quick heating time results in less electricity consumption, saving you money. Additionally, it reduces preparation time.
I adore the capabilities! Using it for slow cooking is initially very convenient. After adding all the ingredients, I can forget about the dish until it’s ready. Moreover, the flavor is phenomenal. The food can also be kept warm (or even hot).
Before purchasing it, I had the impression that it heats slowly. I wouldn’t say it’s completely incorrect, but if you’re cooking something time-consuming in it, the cooking time may seem unbearably long. However, it is still excellent for warming up.
It can keep my food warm for nearly a day, a fantastic feature. I appreciate that the temperature can be adjusted, as some appetizers must be served warm, not hot. It is acceptable to cook when you do not have enough equipment to prepare a multi-course meal.
- 20″ by 12″ standard opening that holds full-size pans with depths of up to 6″
- Heats frozen soups to safe serving temperature in 20 minutes
- 3 settings: low= 140 Degree, Medium= 170 Degree, High= 200 Degree Voltage: 1500W, 120V AC 60 HZ
- Energy efficient insulated heating compartment and indicator light for monitoring status
- Easy control settings that cook and keep food at the right temperature all day; 1 year warranty
- High quality steel
- Multi-level temperature setter
- Energy efficient with monitoring light
- Heavy at 24 pounds
- Lack of configuration options
3. Vevor 110v 5-pan Commercial Food Warmer
VEVOR 110V Commercial Food Warmer 1×1/3GN and 4×1/6GN, 5-Pan Stainless Steel Bain Marie 13.7 Quart Capacity,1500W Steam Table 15cm/6inch Deep, Electric Food Warmer with Lid for Catering Restaurants
The capacity of this commercial food warmer is 13.7 quarts or 13 liters, and it comes with a 1/3 pan and four 1/6 pans. It can be used with both dry and wet dishes, and it will keep the temperature of your delicious foods while it is waiting to be served.
The knob on this food warmer buffet allows you to easily set the temperature between 30 and 85 degrees Celsius (86- and 86-degrees Fahrenheit), maintaining delicious foods at the ideal temperature. Indicators for heat and power show the current state of operation. In the countertop food warmer, there is a heating tube that has been thoughtfully designed for rapid and even heating. This heating tube also provides a larger heating area for more efficient heat transfer. As soon as the power cord is plugged in, it is ready to heat food at any moment.
The robust sturdiness, durability, and longevity of this electric food warmer are all created thanks to heavy-duty 304 stainless steel in its construction. In addition, for your safety, all components that meet food are crafted from food-grade material.
Each pan’s cover returns water to the food to preserve its flavor. A water outlet valve is convenient for draining the steam table food warmer’s remaining water. Additionally, two ladles are available for dish service.
This steam table advertisement is widely used in restaurants, snack bars, cafeterias, and other high-demand locations and events. You can serve various foods to your guests, including soup, spaghetti, stew, and oatmeal.
- 13.7 Qt Large Capacity
- Precise Temp Control
- Food-Grade Stainless Steel
- Considerate Details
- Wide Application
- High quality steel
- Multi-level temperature setter
- Energy efficient with monitoring light
- Heavy at 24 pounds
- Lack of configuration options
4. SYBO SB-6000 Commercial Grade Soup Kettle
SYBO SB-6000 Commercial Grade Soup Kettle with Hinged Lid and Detachable Stainless Steel Insert Pot for Restaurant and Big Family, 10.5 Quarts, Black
SYBO is a brand with over 30 years of experience in stainless steel production and kitchen appliance manufacturing. The SYBO SB-6000-2G Commercial Grade Soup Kettle is an ETL Intertek Certified stainless-steel product that has been tested for quality and safety.
There is a dial for adjusting the temperature, with five settings ranging from 35 to 80 degrees Celsius. Despite having fewer heat settings than most other soup kettles reviewed for catering, there are enough settings to serve a variety of foods, not just soup.
With 11.93 liters, this soup kettle for catering has the second-largest capacity of the products evaluated. It is also the second heaviest of the reviewed soup kettles, reflecting its larger size.
It is priced in the middle of the reviewed products, as it ranks fifth in terms of price. In addition, this soup kettle includes a 30-day refund or exchange policy and a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- ✪ COMMERCIAL GRADE–Large capacity 10.5 quarts large capacity Soup kettle is designed for commercial use.
- ✪ DURABLE–Food grade 304 stainless steel material that passes food safety tests for safe use. Rust proof and heavy duty. ✪ EASY TO CLEAN – Insert pot is detachable and dish wash safe, easy to clean.
- ✪ ADJUSTABLE HEAT CONTROL — Heat is adjustable, you can always find a right temperature for different food in the pot. Automatic shut-off and keep warm function
- ✪ ETL CERTIFIED–All parts are ETL Intertek certified. Safety and quality certified. Use under 110-120 voltage
- ✪ 2 YEARS NEW REPLACEMENT–Buy with confidence, as we offer 30-days refund/replacement and 2 years new replacement warranty.
- Compatible with electric stovetop
- Large capacity
- Bulky item
5. VEVOR 110V Commercial Food Warmer 8.4 Qt Capacity
VEVOR 110V Commercial Food Warmer 8.4 Qt Capacity, 500W Electric Soup Warmer Adjustable Temp.86-185℉, Stainless Steel Countertop Soup Pot with Tap, Bain Marie Food Warmer for Cheese/Hot Dog/Rice
This commercial soup pot with dual 4.2-quart (4L) inserts will maintain precise temperatures for toppings, soups, and cheese.
This is the perfect size for my space and does not require much room. It rapidly heats and is extremely simple to clean.
The durable stainless-steel construction contributes to its simple cleaning and maintenance. In addition, its heating elements, temperature control, and drainage faucet are made of stainless steel, making it perfect for commercial applications such as restaurants, supermarkets, snack bars, etc.
With two removable 4L round pots included, this soup kettle can simultaneously serve two different foods, expanding the menu options. With its U-shaped design, the 304 stainless steel material stabilizes the heating elements and reflects heat toward the food, ensuring even heat distribution.
This soup pot for buffets can keep food at the ideal temperature (30-85°C/86-185°F) until it is time to serve. It has two indicators that display the operational status.
One drainage faucet attached to the soup warmer side of the countertop can be used to drain the remaining water for improved inner wall maintenance. Each pot’s unique lid can return moisture to the food to preserve its original flavor and texture, while the notch is designed to hold ladles.
- 8.4 Qt Large Capacity
- Precise Temp Control
- Food-Grade Stainless Steel
- Considerate Details
- Fast and Even Heating
- Great soup warmer
- Built solid
- Heating control works well
- Heating element screw started rusting in water
6. Kratos Commercial Food Warmer
Kratos Warmers are the optimal warming and serving solutions that maintain food at safe serving temperatures for hours. The 1500-watt output of this unit enables it to be used as a 212°F cooker in addition to a food storage container.
The corrosion-resistant stainless-steel construction offers long-lasting performance and is simple to clean. The compact design conserves space and allows for use virtually anywhere. The Kratos Warmers are NSF and UL-listed, ensuring that they meet key health and safety standards for commercial environments.
- Holds one full-size 12″x20″ food pan or fractional size food pans
- 1200-watt output is ideal for holding food at safe serving temperatures for hours
- Easy to use controls with an indicator light
- Compact design ideal for countertops with limited space
- Overall dimensions: 141⁄2″Wx221⁄2″Dx9″H
- NSF and UL listed
- It works great
- Value for money
- Easy to clean
- Metal will fatigue quickly and split creating a leak
7. KoolMore Commercial Bain Marie Countertop Food Warmer
KoolMore Commercial Bain Marie Countertop Food Warmer, Soup Station, and Buffet Table Server with Two Serving Pots and Tap, Stainless-Steel Steamer with Auto Shut Off (CFW-4T), Silver
Keep Food Fresh, Tasty, and Ready to Eat with a KoolMore Commercial Bain Marie Warmer When hosting parties, events, or gatherings where food is a focal point, you want to ensure that the food stays at the ideal temperature keep your guests satisfied. And if you’re a professional food service such as a caterer, hotel staff, or commercial food service operation, you want a simple way to keep food fresh and tasty.
KoolMore Bain Marie Food Warmer Steam Tables provide the optimal level of support and convenience when maintaining foods, allowing you to serve guests or let them help themselves while ensuring that the food tastes just right.
Each KoolMore countertop food warmer also includes two round pots that can be used to serve guests, store food, and keep things more organized during events and parties.
This buffet warmer also has a small water tap on the back that allows you to safely drain hot water into the sink without tipping over the entire Bain Marie, providing a safer way to clean up afterward.
The commercial steam tables made of stainless steel allow you to set the warming temperature to improve the quality of food or liquid. They will automatically shut off to prevent overheating for improved indoor use. This is beneficial for applications that take place inside.
- Premium Commercial Steam Tables
- Deep, Large Capacity Serving Pots
- Quick-Drain Water Tap
- Warming Function with Indicator Light
- Certified for Safety and Efficiency
- Two Serving Pots and Tap
- Auto Shut Off
- Difficult to clean
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Commercial Food Warmer
When it comes to commercial food warmers, there are a few factors you will need to consider choosing the best option for your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size of the unit: Make sure to choose a large enough unit to accommodate the amount of food you will need to warm.
- Power: Choose a unit that has enough ability to warm the food without taking too long efficiently.
- Features: Some commercial food warmers have additional features such as timers and temperature controls. Consider what would be most beneficial for you before making your purchase.
- Price: Compare prices from different brands and retailers before making your final decision.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing a commercial food warmer, and you will be sure to find the best option for your needs!
How To Clean Commercial Food Warmer
Commercial food warmers are an essential piece of equipment for any foodservice business. Whether you operate a restaurant, catering business, or other food-related business, having a reliable food warmer keeps your food hot and fresh. However, like any other kitchen equipment, commercial food warmers need to be correctly cleaned and maintained to continue working effectively. In this article, we’ll show you how to clean a commercial food warmer to stay in top condition.
- First, unplug the unit from its power source and allow it to cool completely. Once it’s cooled down, you can begin cleaning the unit’s exterior with a damp cloth. Be sure to wipe down the control panel, door, and other exposed surfaces.
- Next, remove any food or debris from the unit’s interior. Once the interior is clean, you can clean it with a mild soap and water solution. Be sure to rinse the interior thoroughly and dry it completely before proceeding.
- Finally, replace any parts that may be worn or broken. This includes the heating element, thermostat, and other parts that seem to be in poor condition. Doing so will help ensure that your commercial food warmer functions correctly.
Following these simple steps will help you keep your commercial food warmer in top condition so that it can continue to heat your food reliably. Be sure to perform regular maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep them in good working order. If you have any questions about cleaning or maintaining your food warmer, be sure to consult the manufacturer’s instructions.
Commercial Food Warmer Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble with your commercial food warmer, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, check to ensure that the unit is properly plugged in and that the power switch is turned on. If the unit is still not heating up, you may need to reset the thermostat. To do this, unplug the unit for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. This should reset the thermostat and allow the unit to heat up properly. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to replace the heating element. This is typically a simple process and can be done by following the instructions in your owner’s manual.
Another possible issue could be that the food warmer is not getting enough airflow. If this is the case, you will need to clean the air filter. This is usually a simple process that can be done by removing the filter and washing it with warm, soapy water. Once the filter is clean, you should see an improvement in the performance of your food warmer.
If you’re still having trouble with your commercial food warmer, you may need to contact a professional for help. A professional can inspect the unit and determine if any other issues need to be addressed. They can also help you find the right replacement parts if necessary. Troubleshooting your food warmer doesn’t have to be complicated – with a bit of time and effort, you should be able to get it running properly again in no time.
Commercial Food Warmer – FAQs
A commercial food warmer is a type of food service equipment that is used to keep cooked food warm until it is ready to be served. They are commonly found in restaurants, catering operations, and other commercial kitchens.
A commercial food warmer works by circulating hot air around the food, which helps to maintain its temperature. This type of warmer is typically used for foods that have already been cooked and just need to be kept warm until they are ready to be served.
Some common features of commercial food warmers include adjustable thermostats, indicator lights, and ceramic heating elements. Some warmers also come with a timer so that you can set it to turn off after a certain amount of time.
Some benefits of using a commercial food warmer include being able to keep food at a consistent temperature, reducing the risk of foodborne illness, and being able to prepare food in advance.
When choosing a commercial food warmer, you will want to consider the size of the unit, the type of food you will be using it for, and the features that are important to you. You will also want to make sure that the warmer is easy to clean and maintain.
Some common problems with commercial food warmers include them not reaching the desired temperature, the food sticking to the warmer, and the warmer being difficult to clean.
If you have any further questions about commercial food warmers, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help you find the perfect unit for your needs.
Some of the drawbacks of using a commercial food warmer include:
- They can be expensive to purchase
- They require regular cleaning and maintenance
- They can take up a lot of counter space
There are some safety concerns associated with using a commercial food warmer, such as:
- They can be a fire hazard if not used properly
- They can cause burns if they are not used correctly
- The heat from the warmer can dry out food, making it less appetizing
The commercial food warmer is an outstanding appliance for those who want to keep their food hot and ready to serve. It is also a great way to save money on your energy bill.
There are many different models and brands of commercial food warmers on the market, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs and budget. When shopping for food warmer, read the reviews and compare prices. You should also make sure that the model you choose has a warranty.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.