Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. At no cost to you, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Griddle and oven are preheated. All-purpose flour combined in mixing bowl with granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Whole milk combined with cottage cheese, melted butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Wet ingredients combined with dry mix. Finely chopped walnuts and dried currants stirred into batter. Egg whites folded in, and batter is poured onto hot griddle. Pancakes cooked golden brown.
- 1-1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup Dried Currants, plumped (optional)
- 2 Egg Whites
- Pure Maple Syrup or Honey, or Plain Yogurt (optional, for serving)
- Spray a non-stick griddle with cooking spray.
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk well to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, cottage cheese, butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the walnuts and currants.
- In a small bowl, beat together the two egg whites until they form stiff peaks but not dry.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Spoon ¼ cup pancake batter onto the hot griddle, forming even rounds.
- Cook until the top of each pancake starts to dry around the edges and the bottom is golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking pan and place in the oven until ready to serve.
Pancake Making Tips – Electric Griddles
Electric griddles are a great choice when making pancakes. While stovetop griddles generally straddle two burners, the heating elements on an electric griddle are distributed evenly, which produces more uniformly golden pancakes. Electric griddles come either with a high, medium and low setting or an exact temperature setting. Some electric griddles form a smiley face design on the pancakes to add fun to breakfast time.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.