Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
Are you craving for another delicious skewer dish on your busy summertime? This Grilled Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers will be the best choice for you. It is a kind of a simple yet healthy meal on a stick with the amazing taste of tender meatballs, fresh ginger, and the sensation of sweet and sour marinade.
The texture of fresh veggies on the skewer also give a unique taste of the meatball. You are not going to stop to eat this grilled sweet and sour meatball skewer. Here is the recipe to make this unique summer dish.
How To Make Grilled Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers
For making this healthy meal, you can make your meatball with fresh lean ground beef, or you also can use the frozen meatballs. The important thing is that this meal is easy to make. Only takes 35 minutes, you can serve it.
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- A half tablespoon of garlic powder
- A teaspoon of ground ginger
- A quarter cup of white whole wheat
- An egg
- A pinch of salt to taste
- Red pepper, cut into squares (one inch sized)
- Green pepper, cut into squares (one inch sized)
- A half cup of each apricot jam and barbeque sauce
- You have to make meatballs first. Prepare a medium bowl, and add the ground beef, ground ginger, white wheat flour, garlic powder, a large egg, and a pinch of salt to taste, then combine it all until it becomes a perfect beef mixture.
- Scoop the meat mixture and roll it into 1 inch balls and place it all into large container, then set it aside. If the meatballs are ready, now is turn to make the sauce by mix the apricot jam and the barbeque sauce in a medium bowl. Barbeque sauce is the instant sauce which can make this recipe easier.
- Remove a cup of the marinade for later, and pour the meatballs with the remaining of sauce. Toss until the meat mixture well blended with the sauce. Marinate it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. And while you are waiting for the marinated meat, you can start to prepare the veggies.
- Slice two kinds of bell peppers into squares pieces in a large sized. Season it with garlic powder and salt. After that, you can place the meatballs and the prepared veggies on the skewers. But before you start to grill, preheat the grill first to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grill the meatball skewer for about 15 minutes until it well cooked.
Now, your healthy and tasty meal is ready. You can enjoy the meal with the family and your best friends for doing a barbeque party in summer.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.