Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 5 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready in: 45 min
Chicken is the best food ever which everyone loves to eat. You can make any recipe creation with the chicken for your dinner or lunch menu.
But do you want a different taste of chicken? Then, Sticky Honey Jalapeno Island Chicken must be your this time choice. The chicken cover with jalapeno jelly as the sauce which perfectly matches with the sweet honey, ginger, garlic, and also a little spicy taste from the cinnamon. It is a kind of heavenly food which can make a lip-smacking.
How To Make Sticky Honey Jalapeno Island Chicken
Jalapeno Jelly may be a strange ingredient for some of you. But it doesn’t mean that it makes the chicken hard to cook. It only takes less than an hour to make this rich taste chicken. So, don’t waste too much time and just get started!
- 3-4 pounds of drumsticks
- Two teaspoons of cornstarch
- 10 oz of Jalapeno Jelly
- A half cup of sodium soy sauce (low)
- A quarter cup of honey
- A teaspoon of salt, onion powder, and garlic powder (each)
- Two tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- A half teaspoons of cinnamon, ground ginger, all spices (each)
- A quarter cup of pineapple juice, and brown sugar (each)
- A half teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- First of all, prepare the large safe bowl, and put the Jalapeno Jelly into it then put it in the microwave until the jelly turned slightly liquefied and easy to stir. Then, you can add another sauce ingredients such as sodium soy sauce, honey, salt, onion, and garlic powder, red wine vinegar, and the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Whisk it all until well combined. After that, prepare a large freezer bag and pour a half cup of the sauce mixture into it, along with the chicken.
- Seal the bag and make sure that the chicken well coated with the sauce. Then, marinate the chicken in the fridge for a day (24 hours). Don’t forget to put the remaining sauce in the refrigerator too.
- Now, prepare the baking sheet, and line it with foil and top it with the cooling rack. Don’t forget to spray the cooking spray into it.
- Then, you have to squeeze every piece of the chicken with the paper towels to make it dry before you start to cook the chicken. Put the dry chicken on the baking sheet and pierce it with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, you can put the baking sheet with the chicken into the oven, but spray the chicken with the cooking spray first. Bake it for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and put it on a serving plate. Set aside for a while.
- Add the cornstarch to the remaining sauce. Combine it, and bring it to boil. Keep stirring it and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce gets thickened. Then, you can pour the sauce over the chicken.
And now, your tropical dinner is ready to serve! It will be so perfect if you enjoy it with a plate of warm rice. You will never stop to lick your finger because of the taste of the sauce!
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.