Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, dried ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and fresh orange zest combined in mixing bowl. Mixture of melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla combined with dry mix. Pancakes prepared on hot griddle.
- 1-1/4 cups Whole-Wheat flour
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Grated Fresh Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Grated Fresh Orange Zest
- 5-1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Apple Butter, Maple Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wheat and white flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and orange zest.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- With the remaining butter, heat 1 teaspoon at a time in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top and the edges start to brown.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve with apple butter and syrup.
Pancake Making Tips – Pancake Ingredients
Pancake ingredients vary depending on the region. Southern pancakes are made with cornmeal or cream corn. Hawaiian pancakes have shredded coconut in the batter and are topped with a sauce made of brown sugar, butter and pineapple tidbits. Vermont Flannel Cakes are made with quick oats and buttermilk with butter and applesauce on top.
Country Style Buttermilk Pancakes
Chunky Apple Oatmeal Pancakes
Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.