Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. At no cost to you, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 60 min
- Ready in: 75 min
Greek chicken gyros is a dish that can be served at breakfast or lunch. It consists of chicken marinade, tzatziki sauce, and Greek salad. All kinds of Greek food are combined here. If you want to try this three dish altogether, then Greek Chicken Gyros is the right menu for you to try soon.
How to make Greek Chicken Gyros
In processing the chicken marinade, you are provided with two options. You can simply grill it or cook it in the skillet with the addition of olive oil. Both have their taste yet both are also as delicious as well and now let’s check the full recipe to cook.
- 450 g Chicken Breast, sliced
- 50 gr of Greek Yogurt
- 45 gr of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 40 gr of Olive Oil
- 20 gr of Red Wine Vinegar
- A pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 75 gr of Greek Yogurt
- 40 gr Olive Oil
- 20 gr Lemon Juice
- 20 gr Red Wine Vinegar
- Three cloves of garlic, diced
- One cucumber, grated and squeezed
- 20 gr of diced dill
- Three tomatoes, freshly diced
- Two peeled cucumbers, sliced into dices
- A half of red onion, sliced into dices
- 40 gr of chopped Italian parsley
- 20 gr Olive Oil
- Feta cheese
- Greek Pita bread or Flatbread
- Salt and Pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl or plastic bag. Then, let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken marinade, get all the ingredients for tzatziki sauce and mix them all in a large bowl.
- For the cucumber, do not forget to squeeze out the water then combine it with the sauce.
- The greek salad is also easy to make, just mix all of the ingredients and stir well.
- Add seasoning, like salt and pepper to make it tastier.
- After this, for cooking the chicken, you can use grill or skillet. If you prefer to grill the chicken, then set the grill on medium heat and roast the chicken for around 5 until 7 minutes per each side. Turn the chicken and grill all the sides until done.
- If you choose to cook in the skillet, then you need to heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for about 8 until 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally, you can serve the dish by placing the chicken on the pita bread with tzatziki sauce and Greek salad. Additional feta would be a perfect topping.
These are the clear steps to make your own Greek Chicken Gyros. Enjoy this menu everyday with no worries, since it consists of many veggies and other healthy ingredients that is good for your body.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.