Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken has a unique name which also tastes authentic and delicious. If you want to make some at home, you just need to prepare the ingredients below and follow the steps until they are ready to enjoy.
How to make Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
To make ten portions of Grilled Huli Huli Chicken, you need to spend around 30 minutes until they are ready to serve. Also, the ingredients needed are very easy to find, and the steps are pretty simple to follow. You just need to combine the marinade ingredients to sit with the chicken and grill until it is completely cooked. For a further recipe, follow the recipe written below from the beginning until the end.
- 4 lbs of chicken thighs or chicken breasts, with no bones and skins on
- 200 ml pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- 100 gr soy sauce
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 65 gr ketchup
- 50 ml chicken broth
- Two teaspoons grated ginger root
- One and a half teaspoons of minced garlic
- Green onions, cut into slices
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl to combine some ingredients in it. For the marinade mixture, you need to combine the soy sauce, ketchup, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and chicken broth. Mix these ingredients well until they are all completely combined.
- To continue, prepare a zip-lock bag and place the chicken breasts pieces in it along with the marinade mixture. Make sure you set a cup of the marinade mixture for the basting. Then, place the rest of the marinade to the zip-lock bag and coat the chicken evenly with the marinade.
- For the time of the marinade, you need to marinate the chicken for around 3 hours or overnight. Then, heat the grill until it is ready to use. To grill the chicken, you need to cook over medium heat for around 6 to 8 minutes. Also, don’t forget to put on the lid while grilling the chicken.
- When both sides of the chicken are completely cooked, you may transfer the kabobs to the serving platter. Before you put the chicken, make sure you pour the reserved marinade into the chicken 5 minutes before it is done. To serve, you may give some slices of green onions as the garnish.
Make sure you follow the instructions until the end to get a great taste of homemade Grilled Huli Huli Chicken. Also, When your Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is ready, it is recommended to enjoy them immediately so that the flavor will taste much better.
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Sticky Honey Jalapeno Island Chicken
Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
Grilled Barbecue Chicken
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.