Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
In cooking this Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken, there will be some special spices that you need to include in the marinade mixture. By reading the recipe below, you can prepare all of the ingredients and copy the instructions until they are ready to serve on top of your table.
How to make Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken
This Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken has a delicious and perfect taste in every bite. In less than 30 minutes, you can make around four until six portions of Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken at home. Simply follow the recipe below from the beginning until the end.
- 4-6 pieces of chicken breasts (or you may use the chicken thighs) with no bones and skins
- 75 ml oil
- 90 ml of lime juice
- Two pieces of green onions, chopped
- Four pieces of habanero chiles with no seams and seeds then chop them
- 30 gr of minced garlic
- A tablespoon of chopped thyme
- A half teaspoon of ground ginger and ground allspice
- A tablespoon of brown sugar
- A teaspoon of salt
- A quarter tablespoon of black pepper
- The first thing to do is to prepare a food processor or a blender to combine the ingredients in it. Those ingredients are the oil, chopped onions, lime juice, habanero chiles, minced garlic, chopped thyme, ground ginger, ground allspice, brown sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Mix and blend these ingredients until they are completely combined. After that, take around 50 gr of the mixture to refrigerate. Also, don’t forget to cover the mixture. For the remaining mixture, you can use it to marinade the chicken in a resealable bag.
- After you coat the chicken with marinade mixture evenly, place the plastic bag into the refrigerator to chill for around 3 to 8 hours. When the chicken is ready, you may preheat the grill and grease the grater to grill the chicken. Before grilling, you need to discard the marinade from the chicken.
- Then, put the marinated chicken on top of the greased grill grates. Grill the chicken for around 5 to 6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Next, spread the reserved sauce to the chicken and cook again for additional 2 to 3 minutes until it is completely cooked.
Now, your homemade Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken is ready to serve. Make sure you add the garnish to the dish to make it much more beautiful and taste better. Simply sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the chicken and enjoy this immediately while it is warm.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.