Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready in: 65 min
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce can be the best menu for your dietary programme. If you want to lessen weight, you should try to consume these nice and delicious skewers. It consists of many vegetables and herbs which is good for your health. Moreover, you can cook it by yourself easily and quickly.
How to make Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
If we cook chicken breasts conventionally, it will be easily overcooked and get dry. However, if you try to grill them then the taste will be much better, and all parts of the chicken can be cooked evenly. Now, check the full recipe to make.
For the chicken skewers:
- 550 g of boneless chicken breasts
- 15 gr of lemon juice and two lemons sliced thinly
- 50 gr of yogurt
- Two cloves garlic, chopped
- 25 gr of dried oregano
- 50 gr of olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the Tzatziki sauce:
- 450 g of plain yogurt
- two teaspoons of minced garlics
- 25 gr of lemon juice
- One peeled cucumber
- Salt and black pepper
- Soak four flat skewers or 8 round skewers into cold water. Make sure all part of the skewers is absorbed until around 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting for the skewers, prepare a medium bowl, cut the chicken into small dices, add salt, garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, oregano, pepper, and olive oil.
- Stir and combine them well. Next, marinade it for around 30 minutes or an hour.
- While marinating the chicken, we can prepare the ingredients to make the tzatziki sauce.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, like garlic, salt, pepper, yogurt and lemon juice. For the cucumber, you need to squeeze it out and then grate it up.
- Next, add this grated cucumber with other ingredients in the bowl.
- Prepare the grill for high heat. While waiting for the grill to be ready, we can continue with the skewers.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers. Do not forget to add lemon sliced among the chicken breasts on the skewers.
- Before you grill the skewers, spread olive oil on the grates of the grill and start cooking the chicken.
- Turn the skewers every 2 minutes to make sure that all part is cooked.
When all the skewers are done, put them on a plate and serve with the tzatziki sauce. If you serve this at your home, then you can feel the sensation of eating an authentic yet delicious Greek dish.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.