Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hours and 40 min
- Ready in: 2 hours and 50 min
Want to celebrate a party at the background of your house? Pick Perfect Grilled Souvlaki as one of your best menus at your BBQ party. It is quite simple to cook, and you do not need to find complicated ingredients to prepare. Thus, this Greek cuisine can be a perfect and brand new meal to serve to all of your guests.
How to cook Perfect Grilled Souvlaki
To make this meal, you will serve it with skewers. Of course, you also need a grill to cook. Besides, perfect grilled souvlaki is usually eaten with additional sauce like tzatziki sauce, one of the best Greek yogurt sauce for grilled meats.
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- Two lemons, juiced and zest
- 700 g of Boneless chicken breast, diced
- One glass of plain Greek-style yogurt
- Four cloves of minced garlic
- A half of cucumber, cut into pieces with no seeds
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of white vinegar
- One tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Some wooden skewers
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano and salt in a big bowl. Add the chicken to it and mix well with the ingredients in the bowl.
- Move it to the zip-lock plastic bag, squeeze the air inside the bag and marinade and put the chicken in a refrigerator for around 2 hours long.
- To make the sauce, prepare a bowl and put the yogurt, cut cucumber, olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, and salt altogether.
- Stir it well and do the same as the first step above. Put the tzatziki sauce in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Later, we can blend the sauce to the grilled souvlaki.
- Heat up the grill and spread the oil on the grate. Before using the wooden skewers put it in a bowl of cold water and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken from the marinade without the remaining ingredients and slide the chicken only to the wooden skewers. You also can add some small slices of yellow and red pepper among the chickens.
- Grill the skewers on the grate and do not forget to turn them frequently. It needs around 8 minutes to cook each side.
- If the top and bottom sides of the skewers already brown, you are ready to serve it to your table with the tzatziki sauce on top of it, or you can place it in a small bowl.
So what are you waiting for? Invite all of your friends and cook this perfect grilled souvlaki together and enjoy the combination of yogurt sauce with juicy meats that is served simply in skewers. Makes you want to eat more and more.
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
Bangin Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers
Grilled Fajita Vegetable Skewers
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.