Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. At no cost to you, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Grilled chicken is a worldwide favorite. However, adding a nice little twist has always been challenging. Follow this recipe if you don’t want to enjoy chicken grilled traditionally. You’ll make some lovely lime and maple sauce to go with it. And it will leave you craving for more. Your perception of grilled chicken will never be the same!
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 lime zest
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- Put the grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken wings with coarse salt and pepper.
- Rub the grill with oil and put it in the wings. Cover.
- Flip the wings over every two to three minutes. Cooking time is usually 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, hot sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, and butter.
- Cover the mixture and then put it inside the fridge.
- When chilled, transfer the mixed sauce into a medium-sized pan and cook over medium-low heat.
- Take the wings from the grill and transfer them onto a large platter.
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Largo Bar and Grill. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.